Monday, November 10, 2008

Shanghai Construction



The amount of construction in Shanghai is astounding and apparently the speed of this construction is equally incredible, although I haven't been here long enough to see this first hand.

Just outside my apartment is a large construction site where they are building, I've been told, a new Metro line for the 2010 World Expo (to be hosted by Shanghai -- this will be a topic of a future entry). It's the view I have from the treadmill in the building's gym so I'm going to engage in a bit of an documentary project here. Every morning, I'm going to take a picture from the gym and track the construction's progress. Above my the first picture, taken this morning. I'll post new pictures every week or so. (Hopefully the quality of the photos improves -- something to work on.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to know they are continuing to expand public transportation. Maybe it will help with the smog. The picture looks okay to me.
Mom